QUILTING PRICING + SERVICES
Longarm machine quilting prices are based on the calculated per square inch (psi) . This price includes thread and FREE insured domestic return shipping. NO Loading fee!
Also called all over quilting, is $.0275 psi. This is the most popular option with one design that is quilted from left to right, top to bottom of your quilt and includes one thread choice.
Custom quilting prices range from $.04 – $.12 psi varying on the complexity of the quilting. Quilts that have a different design in the border and the center is Edge to Edge typically run $.04 psi. Each additional design adds an additional penny psi.
I have used many different kinds of batting. Here are the ones I carry and prefer. They are manufactured by Fiberco Inc.
- Perfect Blend 80/20 (80% cotton/20% polyester) – 25¢ per linear inch – We like the 6 ounce weight. This batting can have quilting up to 4″ apart. Best for showing quilting details.
- Perfect 100% Cotton – 35¢ per linear inch – We also use the 6 ounce weight for this one. This batting gives you more of an Antique, wrinkly look when it is washed
- 100% Bamboo – $.40 per linear inch – This one is very soft and drapes beautifully.
- 100% Wool – $.45 per linear inch – This also drapes very nicely and gives you extra warmth.
I also have 12 oz. polyester – $.20 per linear inch. Some customers prefer this for children’s quilts. Its extra fluffy, but is also a little stiff until it is used a little while.
Or you can send your own if you prefer. (please no fusible batting) I like using my own batting because I get it on a big roll so there is no problem with folds or stretching. Pricing is reasonable and about what you would buy it for somewhere else.
Our go-to source for batting information is a blog post from Bernina’s ‘we all sew’ Quilt Batting 101
All quilting is done with So Fine , King Tut, or Omni by Superior Threads. So Fine and Omni are polyester threads that come in over 100 colors which blend beautifully into your quilt tops. King Tut is an Egyptian cotton thread that comes in beautiful solid and variegated colors.
QUILTING ESTIMATE REQUEST
To request an estimate for our quilting services please call or send an email with the following information as well as any questions you might have.
* Preliminary quilt top measurements (length by width, in inches)
* Desired quilting (edge-to-edge or custom)
* Batting choice
If you have a picture of an idea that you would like please send it with your quilt. If you are not sure what type of design you want, I can make suggestions.
To ensure the quickest turnaround please follow our Quilt Prep For Longarm Machine Quilting.
Once your quilt is received, final measurements will be taken and design confirmed. When your quilt is finished you will be contacted for payment. Quilts are completed in the order that they are received. I can let you know what the wait time is when your quilt is received.
RUSH ORDERS are available. Just let me know what your time frame is and I will work with you.
Please don’t hesitate to email or call with any questions. I look forward to helping you complete your beautiful masterpiece!